Get this widget | Share | Track details

Monday, October 10, 2005

Blogicide...

I know its cliche. So please don't take me seriously when I say that, recently, I actually contemplated killing my blog. I know what you think. Its like that someone threatening to jump from the 13th storey corridor and is yelling out "Sneak Previews" about his intentions just so that people around will try to pull him back, soothening his self-worth and to justify life. Well, I'm more ego than you think.

Main point of consideration for blogicide is because there are times when I feel like blogging about something, but its beyond my courage as I know people who read this blog.

Also, I realise Tripleperiod has taken on a life of its own. Its scary I tell you. When I'm behind the keyboard, it seems like theres a certain theme to write about.

*Looks over shoulder*.

The "correct" style to follow. It feels very restrictive. In a way, I'm blaming this for my recent blogger's block.

After all, it seemed so wrong that I might be blogging about confidence, happiness and contentment when weeks ago, begging for pity and assurances were concealed deep within my postings.

How do I carry on from my darkest posting? Should I publish the truth, with my bright and dark postings alternating within days and divulge that I'm a emotional freak? Unstable emotions, supported by foundation with roots that run above the ground surface.

How many more times can I blog about "I love you"s before I appear too sissy-ly in touch with my feelings? Or alternatively, when will I dare to share the times when I manipulated feelings and incidents to suit my preferences?

Oh, don't worry, intent of blogicide is not firm in my mind.

There is a time to blog about blogicide and its tonight. C'mon, don't tell me that you had never looked down from the tallest building and, never once, had the "option" or "thought" of jumping down, ran across your mind.

5 Comments:

At 12:41 AM, Blogger Dodol Surodol said...

Well, it's your creation, it's yours to kill.

Just like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle killed Sherlock Holmes.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger nadnut said...

there is no correct style to follow. there is only your own style.

why conform to other people's standards?

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger sassyjan said...

just too bad i'm not brave enough to say, 'you die, i die.'

Rest In Peace.

May this closure open you up to a more vibrant route ahead.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You blog what you are and what you like.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

dodol: Just waiting for the right time.

nadnut: Its ...'s standards... =(

Janice: Choy. Not dying yet lah.

lancer: Yay. I am what I blog! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home