Get this widget | Share | Track details

Sunday, October 02, 2005

"I love You"s and "Thorn In Relationship"

A Classy and Sexy lady probed if I'm the kinda guy who falls into love easily. Yes, I do.

For one thing, I believe life is short. Too short for you to love. Rather than being guarded, sketical and risk not loving before you R.I.P, why not get out there and flaunt your Bows & Arrows. May end up with a few battle scars along the way but it just beats being the farmer in the village.

People who fall in love easily are generally characterised by short courtship periods, short term relationships. I'll say, short as my relationships are, they are usually intensed and very passionate. Thats the amount of pepper I like in my soup. While you can say that my lips are loose on the words "I love you", I mean every word, if I do say it. When I say "I love you" at that moment in time, I swear I think of no others. I'm just a very loving person. Probably too much love in me to go around. ;p

I'm also aware of the other more stable form of relationship where people start out as friends, for years before they get together. I think thats a great idea too, only that ten months into a friendship, I usually wouldn't risk anything that can jeopardise this friendship. Oh well, guess this option wouldn't work out for me in the near future.

Nowadays, relationships just come and go. People meet, marry and divorce. I think that cheapens the word "Marriage" more so than what people do to "Love" with loose "I love you"s.

Are you ready to say "I love you" again?


***


Just the other day, I partied with a friend whom I thought had a very stable relationship with her fiance. Its been years since they have been together. I thought she was a pretty "stable" girl despite her penchant for clubbing. Since I have known her, she has always manage to keep unwanted hand at distances, unlike those who keeps on claiming "I dun noe why, but this guy XXXX and that guy XXXX to me." As such, I had a vibe that the relationship might go the distance.

Anyway, with my friend, was this other guy who is going after her despite knowing that she is engaged. Now, guys like this, I despise. Lower scums than the cockroaches loitering on my void deck. Rather than hanging around to see his fugly face(I was tired too), I excused myself and left early.

Somehow, two days later, she contacted me in the wee hours of the night, asking me to co-ordinate on a made-up alibi. Apparently, her fiance had suspected her of cheating on him. This is a messy situation. First of all, the fiance claimed to have seen her cheating with another man, that she was on his shoulders and he was holding her. But the irony of the situation was that he would not pin-point where and when he saw it. I was puzzled. My reaction, if I had seen my girlfriend cheating on me, would be a confrontation on the spot and not walk away, leaving matters to be resolved another day.

Next thing, if she was all clean and guilt-less, I couldn't fathom why she couldn't be honest with him. I can't believe this, but there is a part of me that suspects she might have played a market a little behind her boyfriend. After all, you knew that other guy is someone who is coming in with an intention, you gave him that entrance, would it be without any motive on your part? The part where she did not want her fiance to know about this guy, hints of something too.

Call me pessimestic, but deep inside, I somemore knew things might be turning for the corner in the near future for them. Usually, I do not care about such issues if I'm not involved but this is a special case as I like to see this couple work things out.

Finally, I agreed to go along with her, just hoping that I can do my part in dispelling some friction, giving my friend the benefit of the doubt, like what friends do.

What would you have done?

4 Comments:

At 12:42 AM, Blogger FF said...

I always try my darndest not to get involved in a couple's relationship. If anything goes wrong, you'll always get blamed somehow, even though it wasn't your fault.

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger Marla S said...

No, am not ready to say it, again.

Or perhaps, ever.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger me said...

being a friend, i would help her as she has requested too. BUT, i'll also let her know i dont wish to do that ever again.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

FF: Yah hor.

Ting: Darling, wounds will heal. You just need to locate the right physician for them.

Ruok: Cheem... berry cheem.

leitmotif: Hey, thats a good one. Why din I think of the second part. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home