Get this widget | Share | Track details

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Almost Close Encounter With the Blogging Kind...

Just to declare, I had actually met 3 anonymous bloggers so fast. All bloggers are of substantial weightage in the local blogosphere, much as I like to think that I'm the heaviest.

Anyway, I went to Boat Quay today. And half way through my merry making, I kinda thought a lady at the bar counter looks alot like one of the bloggers I met. Not too sure. So I SMSed that blogger for the confirmation of identity. Turned out that the blogger wasn't around but she was at this other pub in Holland V. And she was with a few other bloggers too.

It was interesting. For before I went to BQ, I actually wanted to go home except that a friend of mine asked me out for a drink. I couldn't refuse. At that point in time, I wanted to ask him to go to this particular pub in Holland V too, except I dismissed that thought after 20 seconds.

Thinking of it, I was pretty excited. I mean, I could have met the "other" bloggers by chance had I been there too. For your info, during dinner with my friend, I told him about going to this particular water hole in Holland V and he went,"Damn, you could have told me, I would be all for it." Guess it wasn't meant to be.

But I'm the kind that would be exhilarated had I met up with the "other" bloggers, by chance, in that particular pub. I would marvel at how small the world would be. Would you?

8 Comments:

At 2:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was home (Singapore) during January 2005 at which time I was there to do a presentation at Ngee Ann Poly. It was at this homecoming that one of the presenters talked about Singapore Bloggers and that got me interested in the local scene. Meeting face to face is very much a necessary ritual of making our blogging lives real... and reading about you making your way around Boat Quay brings back memories. Hope I'll be able to meet up with some of you... don't ask me why, perhaps its a fellow blogger's calling. :)

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger brama said...

So who have you met so far? Don't you want to pen out your experiences?

Why didn't you proceed to Holland V after you knew?

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anna : he likes meeting of other bloggers be a 'chance' meeting ma. yuan fen. hee...

tripleperiod : you can be the heaviest la - actual weight. keke... i'm sure the other she-bloggers will be lighter than you! =)

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you're talking about me, but I thought I saw a guy who looked like you at the watering hole I was at last night. :)

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thus, not meant to be! Nevermind, still a lot more time to make things be!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger None said...

yah the world is small...somehow u managed to tempt me onto blogshares....damn! LOL

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

kevin: Its like irc. But some bloggers still choose to remain 100% anonymous.

anna: Not a lot. In fact, the few I met was kinda by chance. Inpromptu and they happen to be at the place where I was.

linda: Yah lor,yuan fen more exciting mah. Like in movies.

da chick: Maybe it really was me.

twit: Lots of time...

ah9: You recover from flu yet? I'm concerned. I mean...what has the world being small got to do with the blogshares? Heh heh heh...

 
At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nay, I was at HV, you were at BQ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home