Get this widget | Share | Track details

Monday, April 25, 2005

Extrovert or Introvert?

Today, I went up the mountain to seek a conversation with my organisation's charismatic leader, hereby affectionately known as, the Wisely Sage.

During our conversation, it came to a point when he asked me if I'm an extrovert or introvert. I paused for a second.

"Actually, I'm not sure myself. Probably, 70% extrovert and 30% introvert."

Much as I enjoy mingling with people and making new friends, there are also certain times whereby I purposely steered away from potential new meetings, just so that I can avoid the hassles of the introductory bla, bla, blas. While there are times when I enjoy the weekly social activities of a soccer game, there are also times when I rather be inside this own world of mine, in my own room, alone, surfing the net, listening to music or go gourmet appreciating and traveling with Channel 16 on my SCV.

Wisely Sage then defines the terms of extroversion and introversion. Apparently, an extrovert is someone who is energised by reacting to his surroundings(eg. more people around, events going on) and tends to speak faster than he thinks. An introvert on the other hand, is someone who is energised by reaction with his inner self and tends to think more before he speaks.

Wisely Sage set my thoughts deep. I'm confused further, for I am one, who is energised by eating and drinking.


UPDATED @ 2220hrs,
Btw, hot tip here.

8 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger brama said...

70% extrovert, 30% introvert.... can you really draw such a clear line?

Based on Wisely Sage definition, I would be an extrovert. However, personally, I would call myself an introvert.

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Abigael said...

My wisest sage told me that I was an introvert who was really good at pretending to be an extrovert. What does that make me?

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger kachuaz said...

think i'm a better blend ??..haha..

60% extro & 40% intro

everything has a purpose...
do as deem fit

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Most of the time, I think before I speak. So I am more of an introvert. On top of that, my brain is slow. Signals from the brain is slow to get to the mouth. So confirm introvert. :)

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger FF said...

Online I'm an extrovert. In real life I'm an introvert.

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

anna: I actually thimk that most bloggers are introverts u know? We like to project our inners thoughts onto our blog, on the web, while staying anonymous. Its pretty much like staying within our brain. But then again, I'm no expert at all.

abigael: Hmmm... an extroversial introvert?

ka chuaz: You think wor. Me think 70/40 better! =p

lancerlord: Hard to say still. Dun think a "slower" processor decides the categorisation yer noe? Heh heh.

FF: You must be an introvert. I'm so In-to you...

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger brama said...

you're prob right that majority are introverts.

 
At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

strangers : introvert
non-strangers : EXTRAovert.

i don't differentiate via online or offline but rather strangers and non-strangers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home