Get this widget | Share | Track details

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Myth and Reality...

Up til now, I have not heard of any raving reviews regarding "The Myth", starring Jackie Chan. In fact, all I heard was "so so" and "boring". I decided to catch it for myself and MAN!! whats there not to like about the movie? There is Jackie Chan, love spanning over reincarnation, brotherly oaths of death, scientific mystique, gorgeous babes and war scenes.



WARNING... SPOILER NEXT LINE...



I personally found the scene where the men sworn their allegience to the general (Jackie Chan) pretty touching. I mean its so cool. One moment he was dismissing those men who were "only sons", "with parents" and basically anyone with liability from going with him, leaving only lonely bachelors behind. Until one men blunted "THE LINE", "We been sharing honours over the years, up til now, can't we still face death as one? Wo shi si siao zhong yu jiang jun(I will serve General til death)", and leapt onto his steed. This was followed by a short, choreographed scene of every men jumping onto their steeds, yelling "Shi si siao zhong yu jiang jun!(Serve general til death)" I swore I heard sniffers from guys around me. As for me, I knew I was sniffing.

Now thats really .... the MYTH.

Nowadays, to be deemed brothers, all we need to do to perform whatever sacrifices you can make, if that is what it takes for him to woe the girl. Be understanding that he will have much less time for you once he is attached and stand by, with open arms to welcome him back, should anything turns out badly.

Now this is .... the REALITY.

4 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger Linda said...

hello!

hinting to your buddies to welcome you back with open arms is IT? hee...

life sounds a little pessimistic to you after reading your entries BUT i diagnose u as pms-ing. should bounce relatively soon. =) i hope...

its always contradicting. always remind someone tell me - happy yet sad, smiling yet crying, strong yet weak. how true sometimes. *sighs*

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

No darling. You dun see me berry up. I'm hinting to them that I will be having much less time for them soon. Hahahah.

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger sassyjan said...

blardy hell. tot u blogicide liao? hahahahah


anyway, other den the Ching Cheng Chong Korean gorgeous Actress, the movie really noting much waattttttt.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Linda said...

muahaha... all rite then, GOOD LUCK YA!!! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home