Get this widget | Share | Track details

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Trust...

A newly-acquainted fellow at the House of Issues was openly pouring out his sorrows to me. He had given me a brief rundown of his life for the past one year. Set-backs in career, finance and love life(he almost got married). He had a possessive fiancee, who did not allow him to go out, nor keep in contact with any girls. At this point I added, "A relationship not built on trust will never ever last."

But was it ever easy to trust a person?

Years ago, I had the taste of having my then-girlfriend openly telling me that she had to spend the night at an ex-boyfriend's place, despite my objections. And imagine my anguish when she tried to called me from her ex's place and the bastard kept forcing her to hang up the phone. I went to her place, met her mum but I couldn't tell her what happened least it could get her in trouble. I loitered around til dawn. I called her best friends, none could offer me much advice. Next day, my then-gf called me and told me that nothing happened and that they were just sorting things out. Thing could be fine from then onwards, except I tried to trust her. I pretended to trust her. I now realise I never trusted her. Which is why, from that night onwards, I never loved her anymore. I only couldn't bear to lose.

Subsequently, I had a lot of trust issues. It lead to a lot of insecurity in the next relationship. I wanted to place it all but I never could keep the relationship balanced. Again, I never trusted.

After the sea is calm and solemn, I realise it might be a bliss to trust after all.

I forgot where I said this before, but if you really love a person, you wouldn't mind a single bit of his/her past. Not a single bit. Not a single damn. And if you can accept the past, why can't you trust him/her with your future?

Yes, I finally trust.

2 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, Blogger Linda said...

my stand is still - men can never be trusted. they are always so ruled by whats under that they forget that the brain is up there for a reason. to THINK before they DO it whether its right or wrong. =P just my 2 cents la hor! =) anyways, i can never trust a man completely. younger being naive maybe yes but not now anymore.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger FF said...

Yes, always give the benefit of the doubt. No doubt we can't trust anyone completely, but we must try because living in constant suspicion is a pain in the ass.

:D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home