Get this widget | Share | Track details

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Dogs and Cats...

There are things that I don't get and this is one of them. Each time I talk about cats, some people will look at me and tell me,"I'm a dog lover." and vice versa. For some of them(note, only some), by their short reply, the following meaning is put across:

Dog Lover... "I hate cats."

Cat Lover... "I hate dogs."

What is this thing about the species' rivalry? Are dogs and cats really natural rivals logger-heads? Depending on the breed(and upbringing), I have seen dogs and cats being cool with each other. In that case, instinctive rivalry shouldn't be the case here.

Which brings me to my other reasoning. Perhaps, when people placed their preference for one specie over the other, they are making a statement in the kind of temperament that they like. Dogs are perceived as being more down-to-earth and loyal while cats are much more unpredictable, "un-controllable" and nomandic.

Or at least, I used to have that perception. But lately, I have been doing a lot of research and I found that, cats can be equally as loving as a dog, maybe in their own ways.

Last night, I had the honour of visiting a home which houses an Alaskan Malamute, one Siberian Husky, one British Bull-dog, 4 Norwegian Forest Cats. And yah, they are all cool. Just 7 kids messing around with each other.

Me? I'm cool with both. There was one really unfortunate incident in my life with a puppy, but whats over is over. I look forward to loving, not backwards at hating and bearing grudges.

Now, am I right? Or am I not wrong?

3 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger FF said...

Wrong! I love both cats and dogs. :)

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Lizzie said...

Good post, mental block over I see. Am sure the Norwegian kitty'll be a darling! ;p

I like both cats and dogs too, athough I'd hardly liken myself to a frisky puppy.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Hen*Shi said...

I love all animals :) But I agree with you that there are Cat/Dog Owners who have a bias view of the other. But I disagree that cats and dogs are at logger-heads. In fact, they get along with each other very well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home