Get this widget | Share | Track details

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Cats Are Not Just Cats...

After having heard of the beauty of the Norwegian Forest Cat, I decided that I would like a close-up look of the cat at some point in time. A random drop-in on a Pet Shop in Holland Village lead me to an outlet of Pet Station in Frankel Avenue, where I dragged Mr.Husky along.

His reaction to my visit was one of humour,"Huh? Look at cats? Cats are cats, whats there to look at?"

A show-up at the outlet awed us momentarily. Sure. Cats are cats but there were so many breeds in the outlet that I realised our impression of cats is really limited to the Singapura around us.

Of course I manage to lay my eyes on the NFC that I came for. It was truly the "Siberian Husky" of the Cats World. There were also so many big "Tigers" around. Some breeds that I remember seeing, American Shorthair, British Shorthair, Maine Coon, Javanese, Birman (The blue eyes, they "electrified" me) and Ragdoll.

Among which, we also noticed that Maine Coon(the foreign talent version) cost up to S$1.6k whereas the same breed(locally breed) is easily half the price. Different breeds I can understand, but for the same breed, at double the pricing just because you have to import, is just not so easily apprehenable at first thought. End of the day, aien't they suppose to exhibit similar traits and do similar "work"? Ok, maybe some traits(appearances and accent) might differ but in this case, they look and sound the same to me.

End of the day, a final quote from Mr. Husky,"Wah. Really leh! Cats are not just cats."

Aien't they like humans too? ;p

5 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Blogger FF said...

:( Get one from SPCA. :( Just go to the SPCA.. i go with you. Your heart will melt.

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Since we obviously love cats, I recently discovered this Flickr group just for Singapore cats! See http://www.flickr.com/groups/96885476@N00/

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

@_@ i seriously dun like cats..

i'm a dog lover... :P :P :P

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

FF: You sponsor the tissues?

Kevin: Interesting.

Emiryo: Cats aien't very tasty.

Bittersweet: Its really sweet.

Spinnee: Yeah, dogs do taste better. =p

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger kachuaz said...

often see the brit shorthair and ragdoll at my work place.

birman is very very handsome/pretty

cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home