Get this widget | Share | Track details

Friday, February 25, 2005

Customer Dissatisfaction

Blaardy Shit! Seems like my bad luck lately extends to every Fug. I sent my PDA phone, O2 XDA II for replacement of the cover as it was cracked and one of the "joystick" control wasn't working. As far as I was concerned, it was working perfectly otherwise.
Just this morning, the service staff called and told me that there were cracks in the motherboard and things were falling out. She asked if it was still on warranty, i said yes. And she told me that she would change the motherboard for me at no extra charges. Moments later she fug-king called again and said I need to pay as the crack on my cover suggests rough handling and is out-of-warranty.
What the hell? I never dropped my handset and it was merely a crack on the cover. How could it have caused the mainboard to "cracked all over and pieces falling out". Isn't the cover meant to protect the mainboard? Isn't the phone made to endure a certain amount of rough handling. I swear I never once did drop the phone. I wanted to buy a freaking PHONE...NOT a JEWELLERY. S$360 just to fix the shit.
Now that O2 has come up with all kinds of new models for XDA series recently, the current actual value of my phone might just be only twice of that S$360 "repair" fee.
CCB. KNN. I always suspected the efficiency of technical service staffs. It seems like when they see something wrong, their first solution would be to change everything. First so they do not have to debug. Second so they stand little chance of not being able to "fix" the problem. Same thing when my laptop was reviewed by Toshiba and now by O2 service staffs. You see how I am going to play when I collect my phone.

3 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Cowboy Caleb said...

Sorry to hear about you getting ripped off. PDA phones suck ass.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

Its not a bad phone. Has Win-doze and its actually a very powerful tool, limited by the software you put in. Now that it gets a face lift and new mainboard. It should be as good as, if not better than new. Any interested buyers?

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger urbanmalebitch said...

It is a good phone. In Taiwan, somebody actually managed to install a Windows 98 on it.

Like tripleperiod said, it is only limited by it's software. I can actually use this phone to control all my servers back end. Heh. Only thing about the phone is that it is bulky and made in Taiwan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home