Get this widget | Share | Track details

Friday, March 18, 2005

LASIK. 2nd day, 2nd eye...

For you bastards out there who are born with perfect eye-sight. Now I know how it feels like to be puurrr-fect. The confidence, the freedom... you'll never appreciate it til you had lost it. Now I look at those un-bespectacled beings without confidence, man, put those thick glasses on them and watch the confidence level go down to nil.

For my ex-peers, you do not know what you have been missing out on. The world is such a beautiful place, IF, you can see it clearly.

Behold the new vision. And I shall not intend to damage it so soon by excessive blogging.

Out.

Update: Just did my right eye, its still hazy. Left eye is much better now, teeny weeny bit hazy but clear for the most part. Checked its vision. 6/6. Was shocked but happy.

9 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger FF said...

Didn't you use contact lenses before?

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

Its a totally different feeling when you know there is no contact lenses. Anyway, I used hard-lens(due to high myopia, not recommended to use soft-len) so can always feel like its there no matter what. And eyes would tired easily.

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger brama said...

congrats on the purrrfect eyesight. I can't wait to do mine. I know what it is to wear hard lens. Any dirt that gets in, you look like a cry baby!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

anna: Thanks. After going for it, I really recommend it. The bliss. But always do note that with all surgery, there is always risk involved and the results for LASIK is not 100% guaranteed too. Although its feels pretty intriguing to me, the technology. I still marvel at how the machine and the surgeon can cut off the "cornea" to a sufficient level so that you shouldn't be too over- or under- corrected.

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i didn't know u wore hard lenses too! good, huh, now you're free of these things =) can wake up and see the world clearly straightaway
-yf

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My eve site is also getting worse each day, just because i stare at the monitor screen for 10 hours per day.

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

yf: Yeah. I think hard-len users really suffer huh?

kiasu: the monitor screen is evil maaann..betta go get a screen protector or good LCD monitor..hehe.
better still..get both.

 
At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, this is my first visit to your blog, and Congrats! I was never brave enough to go for that.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

Penny: Thanks for dropping by. And I can understand the fear. Surgery around the arms or legs is one thing but to be operated on the eye itself. The cornea. Thinking about it still gives me the creeps. But then again, if thousands of people have gone for it, the surgical procedure itself shouldn't be too bad. The only concern should be the satisfaction of the end result(whether the correction is good or not).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home