Get this widget | Share | Track details

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Why You Shouldn't Run Away From Reality...

Just on Monday wee hours, after finishing the late night telecast of Everton vs Blackburn, I realise that the cable channels went all black. It was the same problem that had occurred before, except that only the Sports channels were affected. The problem was due to my SCV "modem", the repairman got it changed. Anyway, he did tell me that the same thing does happen, temporarily in some cases even if the set was alright. So, I convinced myself that the antenna was temporarily unavailable.
Just now, I called up StarHub SCV customer service preparing to ask them to get a technician's arse down to my place for the fix. To cut the long story short, the guy told me,"There is nothing wrong with your set, Sir'e. Apparently, you have not paid up the last 3 payments and your cable is cut. We will reconnect after you made payment, Sir'e." I was feeling embarressed as I suddenly recalled how I had been throwing my bills from Starhub SCV aside, in my attempt to run away from the reality of having to pay the bills.
Luckily for me, my 2-cents worth of reflex came to the rescue.

"Huh? Cannot be... I just paid up yesterday. Can you double-check?"

"Sure Sir'e. What is the invoice number so I can check."

"What invoice number?"

"The one on the receipt when you paid up."

"Oh...not with me now. I think I betta go and check."

"Sir you can call you when you have found the invoice number. We will re-connect for you immediately."

I'm not sure how good that worked out. Perhaps, the customer care guy has seen one too many of this reflex'save and probably knows that I'm just trying to save face here. Anyway, the greatest retribution of my relunctance to pay the bill is not in the cable being cut itself.
ITS THAT I'M UNABLE TO CATCH THE LIVE TELECAST OF "AC MILAN VS MANCHESTER UNITED" TONIGHT!!! KNN CCB! FUG!
Tomorrow, die die must go pay bill. At least I will be able to catch "JUVENTUS VS REAL MADRID".

By the way, Boxing Joe has something to say about tonight's games.

2 Comments:

At 2:54 AM, Blogger brama said...

I do have something against SCV. They don't work too reliably.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

KOP: You sure you dun need to borrow money? :p

Anna: So far, except for the occassional unprompt arrival of the technicians, they are not on my shit list yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home