Get this widget | Share | Track details

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

All Because I'm Undeserving...

Just when I thought people are getting tired of my unscrupulous win-a-dinner-date antics in order to know chio bu's, Sandra comes blazing along and makes it hip once again. So here, we have a very classy and charming lady, Sandra, who kind and sweet as she has always been, decides to make the world a brighter place for you and me, and for the guy-next-door, whose probably not going to win that date with Sandra anyway. Chances like this is more rare than once in a blue moon. Chances like this is God-sent. Chances like this you never let go. SO, not wanting to leave with any regrets, I'm going for it.

MY APPLICATION FOR "WIN SANDRAA DINNER DATE WITH SANDRA"

About Myself:
I'm an artist trapped in the body of an engineer, who harbours dream of being an architect that is capable of churning out Frank Lloyd Wright-styled creativity ala Modern style. I'm a dreamer and my daydreams preserve the belief that I will always be Lead in my very own story.

Like a story's opening, my life started out mundanely in Singapore. Like a sadomasochistic romance novel, I bear the grinds of this commoner's life, just waiting for the time when the One Kiss lands my way.

I enjoy the social settings of the pub, music as the backdrop, chatters for background "vocals", the laughters of acquaintances bursting into the air, and me, the Lead, nursing a beer in my left hand, a cigarette in my right, stealing glances to my side from time to time with each puff, scanning the masquerade for The One Smile that might be shining my way.


The One Smile

The moment will come when I finally meet The One Smile. Nothing else will matter anymore. Not all of these pretences. Not all of those conventions which make up society. We'll grab a burger and our backpack, run away we will go. On a trusty old Wrangler, chasing time and the setting, red sun down the desert highway. When the Greens coming a greeting, we will rest on them as the clouds drift by nonchalently while we try to bid them goodbye, in intended silence.


Why Sandralicious Should Date Me:
Perhaps, it must be because of how undeserving I am. I have been passive in my wait, nonchalent in my pursues and cowardly in my confessions.

I enjoy a glass of Red Wine, in the solitude of my dim room, chilling by the Lava lamp and Norah Jones starts to sings. Not daring to ask for your presence. I wish that moment in time, Norah sings wherever you are. For in Norah's voice, I can always feel you close.

Just one evening, a simple meal and an aimless talk. It should be me, for all the wrong reasons, just because I'm undeserving.

With this hope, I'll pray. Amen.

9 Comments:

At 1:48 AM, Blogger brama said...

perhaps, sandra prefers romanticism ... I'd be looking for straightforward writing and downright compliments...haha

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Zen|th said...

Seems like this date contest thing is catching on.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger BBBBBBB said...

POWER LAH! SOSOOOOOOSOOOOOO LOMANTIC!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger JD said...

u rawk ~!!!
can lah.. u beri deserving applicant.
good luck :)

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Jordan Goh said...

Wah lau! Write until so solid I no need to send in my application liao. Sure chuck one side. You the man!

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

anna: Ok...You are beautiful. I want to date you. Can do?

zenith: Not really lah. Only few are doing it.

airhole: Thanks. =D

postmaster: Thanks. Hows urs going along for the contest? :)

barffie: I KNOW! =)

biatch: So appreciative of your comments.

jordan: How can u give up without even trying? Give it a good shot man.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger None said...

8 comments? u gotta up the tempo! she has like 61 comments and still counting...haha

i shan't say more...later kena condemned again. Haaa

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...


"Carlotta must be taught to act, not her normal trick of strutting round the stage.."

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Dank said...

You've got it, enjoy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home