Get this widget | Share | Track details

Friday, May 27, 2005

What Truly Happened Last Night...

It was surreal, to mention the very least.

Its one of those rare few moments where the happening was not within the blogosphere, but in physical form elsewhere, in a Hideout far far away.

No one had planned for this. Although the 3 "Heavenly Kings" threw the first dice. The hint was taken and everyone made their way to mrbrown-spotting. Initially, I had intended to remain anonymous throughout, I had to clench my teeth and lied through my teeth a couple of times.

"Do you blog?"

"No"

Finally, my defence collapsed when a very sincere Maotai came over to initiate conversation. I couldn't bear the lies anymore and I came clean. I thought, it will be just one more blogger. And thats all. Again, I lied to myself. There would come a second and a third. And before I knew it, people were pointing at Tripleperiod from all angles.

"There... thats Tripleperiod."

"Oh...u are..." *gasp*

"Yes...I'm the one "advertising" for a gf a few days ago"

But overall, it was a very nice event. I repeat again, so Surreal! Think the Intergalactic bars in Star Wars where all the weirdos of the different planets gather and drink. Yes. Thats the closest you ever get to visualising what happened.

It was funny, the way we asked for each other's mortal name before throwing the mortal name out of memory and headed straight for each others blog name. Yes, the blog identity was what mattered most. We just had to uncover the face behind the blogs. The mortal name and physical acquaintance, that can wait.

Also we bloggers are a self-assuring lot. We were chatting about how therapeutic blogging was. How much we enjoyed writing. And how much we were enjoying it because we were blogging for ourselves. We all nodded in consensus. It was akin to how the people at the mental asylum sat together, chatted and and all felt normal. Little wonder why bloggers only grow in number, you seldom find one who thinks that blogging is evil.

I was having a nice time soaking myself in this dream, warm inside, induced by whiskey and beer, when one of the hot bloggers attacked me with my only weakness.

"There is a Sale at Wisma Atria until 1 a.m. tonight. You take us ladies there. And I'll french one of them, in front of you."

LESBIANS. FRENCH KISS. TONGUE. HEAT.

"DEAL"

And we end up in Wisma before the night was gone.

I have yet to see the French Kiss, but I believe the Period of Validity is up to 6 weeks, as per our verbal contractual agreement which is legally binding in the Blogosphere.

16 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

Brudder: Relak lah! Closing date still far away.

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you fell for the oldest trick in the book - the lesbian kiss if you bring me there trick.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger SpaceCake said...

Hideout's a cool place to hang out. I got free chocolate martinis there once. :) Good stuff.

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Si si also want to kua them french. You also silly lar. She is waiting for you to ask her to kiss you instead. And you lost the chance! Cant believe it!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Sheena said...

caleb is exceptionally brilliant

gimme 6 weeks. till the tongue has recovered.

promise i have.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Sandra Ng said...

ermm...... :P



nice meeting you :)

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

caleb: Oldest, but most effective.

spacecake: Free? How did u do it?

twit: Izzit?! Now then you tell me!!!

postmaster: I must find a unicorn first.

miryclay: You have Accepted the Offer. That completes this contract.

sandra: The honour is mine. =D

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit, then we're not gonna some guy action anymore in return for the kiss??!!! Shite.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger SpaceCake said...

My friend and I were actually guinea pigs for the chocolate martinis. I think they were new on the menu and the owners wanted our opinion on it.

Guess we were at the right place at the right time.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger None said...

u fell to a Jedi mind trick!

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

ff: We can still strike another deal.

spacecake: =)

9: More like Sith's Mind Trick.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Marla S said...

Ai yooo like that ah, will you bring both me and Jan for dinner? promise you a kiss(me and her), we will :P

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

scarlett: Tempting but no. I dun wanna risk going to Attica after dinner. =p One at a time, darling.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Lexandria said...

u're age between 25-27? so its 26 then? LOL about the same age as my ex boyfriend... unless... u r him!!! O.o?

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Zim said...

Wow.. you make it sound like a Bloggers Anonymous meeting! Lol..

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

lexandria: There is a good chance your ex blogs and u don't know cause he dun wanna tell too. Hehe. But dun think its me lah. I nber had a young gf before u know?

zim: come to think of it...hey...it IS Bloggers Anonymous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home