Get this widget | Share | Track details

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Days Without The Fix...

Having had quite a lot of drinking outings last week, someone and I had decided to stand by more self-control and abstain from any alcohol until Friday, after 6pm. The decision started on Monday and 2 days down. I'm still standing.

Today is the third day, and I can sense the withdrawal symptoms. Each time I receive an sms, regarding any drinking activity, I start to feel uneasy. Should I or should I not? For quite a few times tonight, I was torn between discipline and desire.

I have managed to contain desire, at severe cost. For one thing, my mouth seems to be constantly parched dry. I am experiencing unusual impatience and frustration at my inability to switch between the 3 chords fluidly. A few times, I almost contemplated breaking the guitar or one of the strings. I am feeling empty inside and yet I'm not even thinking of who to date next.

Two more days.... Oh Lord, give me strength.

10 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger R2D2 said...

Then you should smoke to get rid of the uneasiness. I hear that smoking releases stress. Wonder if it's true.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

Not smoking comes together with the package.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Jaschocolate said...

Go eat chocolates.. guaranteed makes u think only of water.. haha

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also feel very sian when I don't drink for a few days.

Sibei sian. And keep thinking of cold Hoegaarden.

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger brama said...

Keep it up! I'm impressed. Try drinking lots of water ... tell yourself it's booze.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger kachuaz said...

just had a Cascade last night.

it's good to drink, you know

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

*smirks* I AM DRINKING TONIGHT. Call me evil but evil i am.

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You cannot complain.

I have not touch alcohol since FEB, cos i'm on TB medication. Doc says it'll fug my liver big time x 10 if i drink.

Last check, i'll only stop my medication come OCT...

A sober man is a bloody angry man.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

chocolove: I just bought a bar of Kit-Kat at your advise.

ff: I think even cold Tiger beer will taste like German beer to me now.

anna: Some things, you can never deceive yourself.

kachuaz: I know. All hell will break loose tomorrow.

twit: ... ...

nahele: They betta work.

clubnarc: Oh man. Thats very unfortunate. Looks like I really can't complain then.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger None said...

i think smoke too much and dun drink enough. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home