Get this widget | Share | Track details

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

A Start To Kill Off The Yearning...

When I was younger, I remembered my dad wanting to send me for violin and piano lessons. I resisted it then. Not interested. I vaguely recalled stints with the recorder and organ during my primary school days, but they left a very "academic" feeling. Not interested.

As I grew older, I realise that I do appreciate music and I would very much like to be able to play a musical instrument. But the rational "Did not want to pick it up when young, now then pick up, a bit too old for it right?" kept coming in the way.

When I was around 14, the saxophone seems cool. At least Kenny G made it seem so. But last time I checked, the lowest-end model still cost over one grand to start with. Recently, been going to places with live bands often. The guitar seems cool and a more viable choice. Given that it doesn't cost alot to start up and it shouldn't be too difficult to find people to learn from and to practise with.

An hour ago, I digged out a guitar from the stores, long chucked aside by my brother. Its been ten years now, other than slight patches of fungi and "discolouring" of the strings. It seemed alive.

Just learned how to position my fingers for the three basic chord, G, C and D major here. Its a start and I think its gonna happen this time.

14 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Jaschocolate said...

Hey.. good luck with the guiter.. u can record it and let us readers listen.. hee..

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

Thanks. The recording.. I'll spare you guys.

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Jaschocolate said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Jaschocolate said...

Hahaha.. Okay.. anyway.. i am here to promote my bloggie.. haha.. read this to destress..
http://jaschocolate.blogspot.com/2005/05/funny-video-on-job-frustration.html

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger brama said...

That's a good start alright. You can probably play a few tunes with those 3 chords.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger None said...

u know...i got a new guitar...and i is been procrastinating for years about picking up guitar skills...

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heehee. Hope you get a good time out of this guitar. Heard FF is picking up the guitar also... Maybe you 2 can meet and play with each other... Heehee

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

start with twinkle twinkle little star! its an evergreen song!

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger None said...

girls are the reason why the guitar is in my room new, untouched for a couple of years....

nabeh can even still smell the wood's lacquer lor.....sigh.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Rambling Alcoholic said...

Man, my Dad said that same line to me!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

chocolove: First time, I will not collect advertising lot fee yet.

anna: Probably not so soon though. =(

ah9: After 2 years, its still considered new? Either you pick it up or you sell it. Come to think of it, I got a friend look to buy one, you interested in selling?

Guojun: I like how you phase it.

nahele: Ar, win some gals. Thats important, isn't it? =D

twit: Twit-kle, Twit-kle Little Stars... thats your song!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Rambling Alcoholic said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Jaschocolate said...

How can you even think of collecting advertisement fee from a cute gal like me.. *heartbroken.. plus cry..*

To Ah 9:
Thinking of selling ur guitar.. haha

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger None said...

no lah...i intend to keep still...maybe really make the effor to learn guitar.

it's a reminder of my foolish time wasting on a girl from the past. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home