Get this widget | Share | Track details

Friday, February 10, 2006

Misery Loves Company...

I hate meetings. Most of the time, they are at best only 40% efficient at what they were set up to accomplish. The same shit will be thrown round the circle and many redundant points will be raise, in bids for the boss's attention.

I don't see why anyone would want to speak up at meetings if they have no concrete points to raise. They should all be like me. As a previous co-worker quoted,"XXX doesn't speak out a lot during meeting, but each time he says something, its going to be something." *Sorry for the blatant ego-trip here*

Anyway, back to my hatred for meetings. My visionary CEO has decided to triple our turnover with a revolutionary business shift. Hence he decided to rope in the brain power of the entire sales department, to churn out something so formidable that it will change the angle from which our world-wide organisation will see the Art of Money-Making. A week after he initiated his idea, I was already burning in auguish, trying to stay awake, over the numerous half-day meetings. Same ideas being spoken of, hour by hour.

Horror of horrors, when he unleashed his final whip in the form of a 2-days concentration camp. 2 fucking wholesome days of the same grind.

I thought I had it covered when I realise my reservist dates actually clashed with the intended date of the camp. While the most resilient smile has ceased among all faces in the board room, a glitch of it was slowly growing on mine.

One should never be too smug about good fortunes. Just when he asked,"Anyone has a problem with the date?"

I put on my most Hollywood-worthy troubled face,"My last 2 days of reservist happen to coincide with the camp dates."

Visionary CEO,"In that case, why not we shift the camp 2 days back? Everyone ok with it?"

"NOOOOOooo.... this is not happening!",I screamed within my skull.

Within seconds, my smug smile disappeared as glithes of it shifted to every other face in the board room.

Nabei... misery loves company.

4 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Blogger sassyjan said...

i'm sorry to 幸灾乐祸 but...



hahahahahahahahaaa

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Luna Esa said...

Oh dear...poor you...

Last resort...get mc lah! =) And only announce it a few minutes before the camp starts...heh heh

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger me said...

bwahahahaha....

well, take comfort that at least your CEO see you damn up leh...willing to shift the camp dates just for your sake!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Jaschocolate said...

I cant help but laugh.. haahaa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home