Get this widget | Share | Track details

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Dance and Dance CDs...

Paul Van Dyk's Politics of Dancing 2 World Tour Session at Zouk last night was impressive. Might be the fat harvest of red packets, the crowd as a whole, seemed very very tolerant of the extremely-packed arena, thus making for an enjoyable session. The atmosphere at the dance floor was awesome, how the floor was worshipping Paul Van Dyk, I swear I never seen anything like this before.

Makes me wonder how Curious George and Jesua Freak could have possibly miss it. *sniggles*

Courtesy of a friend's late arrival, I had the opportunity to prowl the whole of HMV for CDs. I had shortlisted DJ Tiesto's latest Live recording and Fabriclive 25: High Contrast as worthy buys. Not cheap though, all of these non-main stream genres. Buying both would set me back by at least 70 bucks.

Was browsing through the CDs when my shopping method dawned on me. Other than known titles, how would I know which other unknown album could possibly be good enough for a test-drive? I would go by the CD Cover. Whichever album would capture my attention, would depend on how the cover flirts with my imagination. Most of the time, the cover is totally irrelevant of its musical content, but I must say, to some extent, the cover-induced mental staging for the set, does go abit of the way in the entire experience.

3 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger JesuaFreak said...

i hate myself for missing the event too.. but Bangkok was too good a draw for me.. Went to RCA there.. enjoyed myself too.. hee~~..

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger sassyjan said...

eeks! i was at MOS. I didn't knowwww PVD was at Zouk.

Mos music was kinda bad that day. *sigh*

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

Jesua: Nice consolation there.

Janice: MOS need to get some Acts in, if not the only thing I'll remember about the club is the queue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home