Get this widget | Share | Track details

Monday, January 23, 2006

Indispensability...

One of the things that I pick up in the corporate world, is that, no one person is indispensable. Which means to say, with or without the Ace, the team will still play on. After 3 years, I realise that this applies not just to work, but in sports... and relationships.

Some time back, I met up with a very special someone. Someone whom I was so much into, that I couldn't differentiate whether it was genuine liking or infatuation. So the story goes, no happily ever after.

By the time I met her again, I realise that I could do without her, as per the times I have done so.

And now I feel guilty. All my proclaims of eternal love, as it turns out to be, may not be quite as lengthy as I had meant. I still like her, but I know its not at the former peak of intensity, may not even ever will be.

Maybe time does heal all wounds. Maybe no one person is indispensable. Maybe infatuation is permanently disguised as eternal love.

How are we going to find out?

7 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger gracey said...

time will tell..

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

you will know when you begin to feel that you cannot live without a person. took me years to get over a guy who left me for another. brought me deep insights on the phrase - cannot live without you. living is almost excruciating. eternal love is sought but hardly attained. takes two to achieve so - keep ur eyes peeled for the other half who is seeking the same as you. you just may find her one day - when u least expect it to happen.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger FF said...

You sound like Carrie from SATC.

Everybody is dispensable.It's just a matter of conditioning your mind that you don't need or want or love that person. The mind is a powerful thing and so is our willpower.

Catch up soon TP. Haven't seen you in quite awhile.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

gracey: Yeah... time can make diamonds. =)

elvina: So does it mean that you are totally over that guy now?

ruok: Then how wor? Start going back to the same pub every Saturday and hear the same songs repeat themselves?

ff: Good point.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Luna Esa said...

I like this blog entry very much....it reminded me of how successful I've been in letting time heal my 'heart' wounds...

It just took too darn long a period to do that....

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

luna esa: Thank you. I'm glad I have touched you in that way. Its always a pleasure when I know some of my writings may ring a bell with any readers. I guess we find warmth within herds of sheeps with the same coating huh?

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger nadnut said...

it takes time to heal... *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home