Get this widget | Share | Track details

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Hot(not so) on the Play-List...

Remember the England World Cup song that is on the airwave now.


lyrics

There. In all its glory. Interesting clip though. The singer reminds me of the has-been old star in that movie "Love Actually". Or is it really him?

Just now, I heard this song "So Sick" by Ne-Yo and for the first time, I noticed part of the lyrics that go


That's the reason I'm so sick of love songs
So tired of tears
So done with wishing you were still here
Said I'm so sick of love songs so sad and slow
So why can't I turn off the radio?


And I was thinking to myself,"Thats strange, aien't it the other way round?".

I was heart-broken once, so I had this self-compiled collection of songs that I repeated on my playlist. I did not go to the radio because not every song on the air wave is sad "enough". A friend, Debbie, even had to lecture me to stop playing that CD, just so I can recover.

Taking her advise, I switched to less lyrical numbers(House) and true enough, within one, two week of no-lyrics therapy, my heart does hurt less.

Hmmm, so whats the point I'm trying to make here? Erm, no point. Just, you know?... love songs, lyrics and feelings.

2 Comments:

At 1:09 AM, Blogger sassyjan said...

it's just that we want to indulge in the sinking, heart breaking feeling.

i do that too. the listening to re-runs of self compiled playlists of the most saddening songs. hurhurhur

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

Yeah. But then again, some things like these, you don't usually do it more than twice. Loses its novelty lah. Need new experiences.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home