Get this widget | Share | Track details

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Reads From Popagandhi...

Coincidentally, Adri has done her take on the same issue that I had blogged on the night before. Hers was a very well-written piece, beautiful, so well-written that my piece read like a Primary 3 school kid's essay, and more importantly.

Also via her link, A Family Value Story. It, too, induced the tears inside me, but somehow, I do not feel sorrow for the writer. I felt happy for him.

I must admit, although I do not discriminate against gays, I do not mingle with enough of them to truly understand them, and most of all, as I'm not a gay, I couldn't be able to fathom exactly how they perceive love. With this article, I do now. We are all humans. We all love the same way.

5 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With apologies to Pastor Martin Niemoller..

First they came for the Marxists
and I did not speak out
because I was not Marxist.

Then they came for the smokers
and I did not speak out
because I was not a smoker.

Then they came for the gays
and I did not speak out
because I was not a gay.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger brama said...

No, I don't think your piece read like a Pri 3 essay. C'mon, give yourself more credit. I think you wrote with passion. (For a moment I thought you were one ;)

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger None said...

i agree with u on Adri's well written piece. I didn't comment on her entry, lest i get misunderstood for being a shallow homophobic. i don't really have a penchant for intelligent topics. haha

im not gay...but i don't really mind them (gays/butch), unless they step over the line and irritate.

=|

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

anonymous: Very beautiful... but hmmm... creepy no less... and I do not quite get the true meaning of it all. Care to further explain?

anna: Thanks, you are the best!... So still read like Pri.3 eh? :p

ah9: How can we fear being misunderstood that much? We bloggers are supposed to be the thickest-skinned entities to roam the blogosphere leh. If we so have to comment, we have to.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

knight: Nice. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home