Get this widget | Share | Track details

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Hoot Me If You Dare...

Most of those who have drank with me, would never doubt my capability to hold my liquor. Like what a friend noted,"... would never ever let himself be caught drunk." The relevation came a few days ago, while I complaining about my pissed state and was nursing my hot tea after a long night of drinking. A friend bent over to me and whispered,"Don't pretend this shit with me maaann.... I know that you are not even half way there... I know you well."

Counting back, I did not do so badly. Started with a bottle of beer in the early evening, then adjourned to meet a friend whose crazy pub mate kept asking me to down his very vile "whisky thick thick, mixer thin thin" concoction. Then I proceed to the final venue for more beer, vodka cranberry, long island tea. And to top it off with 4 tequila shots at the dance floor. I was still standing and walking, high no doubt, probably one more tequila shot away from Never Never Land, but still alive. I was pretty impressed with myself too.

The truth is, I never think of myself as someone who can drink well, in fact, I think I have the alcohol capacity of a 14-yr old adolescent when I compare myself to the rugby players in college, who downed beer by the pints. But when I do best, is that I know my state. I know when I have to go slow, when I can afford to take in that tequila shot, when to puke before I get knocked out And my theory is simple,"Long as you are able to figure out whats going on around you, you are safe."

I can't remember the last time I blanked out, nor could I remember the last time I couldn't make it back to my bed, on two feet.

Drinking kakis, you have gotta whack me harder...

6 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Blogger FF said...

you know what i wanna say lah, but i'll let you have your macho post:)

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger urbanmalebitch said...

heh.... I'm so gonna *hic* hoot you with just PURE whiskey neat alone ... though my alcohol tolerance is in the dumps... *hic*

 
At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha bro dun mind testing ur drinking ability for you but do u mind if we put the bill to your card ...

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

ff: I can only say... thanks.

bitchy: Sounds expensive.

yandao: This posting was meant to draw baits to pay for my drinking.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger brama said...

I'm not baited unfortunately.

 
At 2:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Steady!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home