Get this widget | Share | Track details

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Ending or Beginning?...

People who know me well will know that I'm a sucker for sunsets. People who know me even better would probably have realised that I'm not as enthusiastic about sun-rises(I can always never ever wake up in time to witness it).

I can't explain my fascination for sunsets other than its beauty but I know that there is something more to it than can be pin-pointed on the surface. Today, I was checking out the scene again when a possible explaination hit me.

Did I like it so much because it symbolises the end of the day OR was it because it indicates the beginning of the night. Well, it can be both. But assuming I have to pick either one, it can only mean one thing. My love for the night coupled with my irking for the day.

A nocturnal animal I truly am.

There must be a reason why I love the night so much, after all, its not in line with nature's law that a Human is nocturnal?

The only thing I can think of, must be the activities that I associate with the night... booze, time for meeting-up with friends, partying, rest, no work, time for blogging... what else?


Sometime back, I remember a friend asking me which is better? Gwen Stefani in No Doubt or Gwen Stefani alone. I picked the former. But lately, I have been paying attention to her new album and I have to change my mind. I just love Gwen Stefani on her own, now. I like this song in particular. Yeah, Gwen Stefani is Cool. The lyrics are sweet. Guess a lot of people can relate to it. Unfortunately, it just doesn't apply to most people.

Past relationships, they are a part of you. Not everyone can accept that though. Its just like the way how some of us can't even accept ourselves for who we are.


Cool by Gwen Stefani

It's hard to remember how it felt before
Now I found the love of my life...
Passes things get more comfortable
Everything is going right

And after all the obstacles
It's good to see you now with someone else
And it's such a miracle that you and me are still good friends
After all that we've been through
I know we're cool

We used to think it was impossible
Now you call me by my new last name
Memories seem like so long ago
Time always kills the pain

Remember Harbor Boulevard
The dreaming days where the mess was made
Look how all the kids have grown
We have changed but we're still the same
After all that we've been through
I know we're cool

And I'll be happy for you
If you can be happy for me
Circles and triangles, and now we're hangin' out with your new
girlfriend
So far from where we've been
I know we're cool

4 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger sassyjan said...

sunset... it's when the Sun's way of saying goodnight to us... He throws his most beautiful colors over us, so that we would not forget him before he comes again the next day :)

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger me said...

seeing the sunset is therapeutic really...hence, i'm a sunset lover too.

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

sassyjan: Then he quite show off leh. Throw them once in sunset and once in sun rise...

nahele: Yes, appreciation and enjoyment. Thats the most important thing here. =)

leitmotif: Its always nice to know fellow admirers of same things.

bittersweet: I think I should give sun rise a chance. Sometime soon...

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

c: You should know best and knocking on my door at 6a.m. will render that morning's sun rise as your last sun rise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home