Get this widget | Share | Track details

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Its Never Personal...

Some time back, a relationship of mine ended. It did not go down well on me, I was very sore. To put it simply, I was buay kam wan(not satisfied) with the way events turn up towards and after the end. I was so confused with many issues evolving from pride, ego, anger and remorse, just to name a few.

A friend consoled me,"Its never personal."

It made perfect sense to me then, but it took quite awhile for the inner me to accept it.

After the breakup, I tried to blame everyone I could lay my finger on. This bugger for being at that place and time. That fucker for rejoicing behind the scenes. Her for not saying this. Her for doing that. You for telling me this. They for not feeling.

Then I realise, its really easy to blame something. But does blaming change anything? It doesn't change the past, nor will it benefit the future. Things happen and we just gonna carry on playing the hands that were dealt. Yes, its never personal. Easier said than done, that I know.

Truth be told, if its meant to be, its will be. If two person were meant to be, it shouldn't be too difficult. Why so? Love someone that much and should the intensity be mutual, you'll hold on somehow. You still gonna need to try and make things work out, but it should revolve around willing compromises, not circumstances induced by obstinance.

If its over, its over. Better to have had your heart broken than never to have lived before. A lot of us may not be able to move on, plagued by beautiful memories from the previous relationship. Perhaps we are just afraid that once we let go, we will never be able to re-live the same kind of sensations once more. That's just so unfair to the future as I like to think that things can only get more beautiful from then onwards.

This post goes out to all those nursing their wounds out there. You may not be able to set yourself free after reading this. But at least ponder on it, and you might breathe a little lighter.

This on the other hand, might just completely take your breath away.

7 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Blogger sassyjan said...

prescription:
- retail therapy

take it as frequent as possible.
take it only after paying ur credit card bills.

should wrk.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Mezz said...

Heartfelt sentiments...will keep this in mind. Cheers, TP... :)

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

Janice: Are you are saying that I should get the Celica now?

bittersweet: Yah. Its very hurting when the other party seems to be able to get over you easily and it makes you question your self-worth. And darling, you were always good enough for him. Long as wo men dui de qi zi ji. =)

inex: Try knocking on my door slightly earlier then...like 1a.m.?

immezzler: Cheers. Gd luck to your marathon. =p

alex: I believe that someone will come along, maybe not the same but you do not compare people to people.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger sassyjan said...

not a bad idea!!! If u like it, get it!!



footnote: Do not take shopping / financial advice from chronic shopaholics.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Lizzie said...

Aiya my theory is simple:

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I second retail therapy. Ha.. it's great!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger None said...

twit - i think he was drunk last night liao...lol

tp - celica??? wtf...u serious ah? babe magnet leh...LOL

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

janice: i'm not talking about the toy model here leh.

Intoxicated: What if it kills?

nahele: So true.

bunny: We still have chance to do it but only difference is, there will be no bulb. And the message, sorry lah, I din realise til I checked my phone late.

ah9: Piang. Babe magnet is the reason why.

bittersweet: Buy less and cheap lor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home