Get this widget | Share | Track details

Friday, March 25, 2005

Where Do I Go From Here?...

Having come across Tony Pierce's article on how to blog, it had set me thinking. It forced me to re-affirm what I felt was the most stumbling move of my up-til-now short blogging stint.

Of course when we blog, we desire audiences. To get a free lesson on how to attract hits, refer to the bible from our local blogosphere's arguably most famous and probably our only cyber Cowboy. His advises are as down-to-earth as it ever gets. Thats a minor side-track, anyway, I was saying that we all desire audiences when we blog, appreciators to read our so-well-planned-&-written postings.

Excerpt from Tony Pierce article, Point 5 and 13...

5. dont tell your mom, your work, your friends, the people you want to date, or the people you want to work for about your blog. if they find out and you'd rather they didnt read it, ask them nicely to grant you your privacy.

Follow by,

13. if you havent written about sex, religion, and politics in a week youre probably playing it too safe, which means you probably fucked up on #5, in which case start a second blog and keep your big mouth shut about it this time.

Yes, I have been playing it too safe with my writings. Some of the audiences of this blog includes close friends, whom I had notified of my blog right from the beginning. If you are a blogger, you will probably understand that NO friends can be as close as you are to the privacy of your blog, which equates to yourself. While I still have strong doubts on the intensity of their interest, I have no absolutely doubt on the endurance part. A month plus down the road, some are still reading and the list of familiars are spreading a bit.

I am unable to bring myself to dissect the scandals, gossips and my darkness fantasies, which I strongly believe, if unleashed upon this blog, can help me achieve the ultimate blog-orgasm.

A few options are on the menu right now,

1) Have an alternate Blog for my darkest postings. But it wouldn't be as fun, having grown severely attached to Tripleperiod@Blogspot.

2) Terminate this Blog(Blogicide) and start a new one(Blog-ressurection).

3) Set myself free at this venue and up the tempo, hoping that familiars will not think the lesser of me with the more they read.

4) Carry on with my suppressed postings, just like what I normally doing in public areas(suppressed actions).

I have to make a decision soon... Whatever might happen, I must let the few of those bloggers whom I had contacted with, know that Tripleperiod had a great time introducing himself and in knowing you. A Tetra-period might just turn up a month later if this Blog stops production, just keep a lookout then.

Love, ...

3 Comments:

At 2:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen "blogicides" before... it's interesting to see a blog die, the rediscover a blog by the same person but under a completely new guise. Intrinsically, blogs are the tabula rasa for your soul, allow you to be free to say anything you want. However, you have to take Tony Pierce said in his infamous "How to Blog" article with a grain of salt. Blogging is very much defined by you, and just like in life, there are no rulebooks for it. I blog about life, but I keep myself identified because it adds more reality to it. Well, it's up to you... whatever it is, keep on bloggin'!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger None said...

For me...i juz blog what i want...but i steer clear (if i can...unless its really on my mind) of current affairs, politics, sex, my relationship matters, my family, my life...

eehhh...that's basically why i blog for...so if i stop this and that...might as well don't blog.

Just be yourself...let those who can accept you, accept you...those who can't? Well... at least you know that can't accept you , as being your real self. Hey at least now u know. Right?

Blog for yourself, not for others.
=D

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

Kevin, 9, bren: Thanks all for of your advises. I do agree with the point about blogging for self and being self. Up til now, I have been myself, its just that certain areas which I could venture into, I have chosen to stay away. I will just take things as they come, continue blogging as things have always been. Afterall, the past month of blogging has been great. Probably soon, I'll learn to be even more "in-touched" with my blog.

Enjoy blogging. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home