Get this widget | Share | Track details

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Addiction...

Its been a very nice weekend. Chasing time and meeting schedules. Spending quality time in good companies. This evening, I decided to spend some time alone. I turned down the buddies' offer for dinner in town just so that I can cut some slack on my travelling. Settled my meal nearby and caught the movie "Initial D". Its not bad for a fan, it pretty much went according to the anime edition.

Lots of thoughts have been running through my mind recently. Things have been going well in my life but my mind just loves to play games. Its kinda related to my new-found addiction.

Drinking and smoking. Lately, I have not been into much of them. It was like some focus of mine shifted and I do not try to make time specifically for them like before. My two core addictions, now defunct.

In their places, a new addiction. An addiction which makes me realise the true definition of an "addiction", beyond what adjectives can ever do. I let myself yearn completely to this addiction. I felt guilty, as if I was losing control. I needed restrain. Restrain had always possess "Seasonal Parking" in my plans. It was essential in keeping me "safe". But lately I realise, restrain may not be the way to go if I wanted to grow.

Addiction is all part of life. It just keeps u passionate. What is life without any passion? A life of passion, thats what I would love to embrace.

I realise, addiction is such a bliss. The good thing about such bliss? You can never get enough of it.

4 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger misunderstood said...

i have to agree to pg. we have to know when to draw the line and exercise restrain.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger None said...

COMPLETELY QUIT?? sure? hehee

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

postmaster: Stop it. You are scaring me...

amithyst: Good for yer.

oil: Hmmm..passion and addiction. Which one keeps us alive and which one is responsible for the addiction..hmm..

lost in transition: Having followed your blog for quite some time, I believe that you would know the answer.

betsy: Your life will always be your life. Maybe it will evolve "abit"..but still your own. Hur hur hur..

ah9: Go social lah. But even then, no easy u know?

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Zen|th said...

I agree with postmaster-general. One should keep a careful eye on their addictions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home