Get this widget | Share | Track details

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Against Myself...

"What are you worried about?"

"Losing."

"Against?"

"I don't know...... myself?"

I heard this quote from a friend,"In life you will meet many enemies, but in the end, your only real enemy, is yourself." Its always a race against the limitations and barriers imposed by yourself, that ultimately restricts what you can accomplish.

There is no perfect human being. There never will be. So what is all this thing about continual bettering of ourselves if we can never ever hit the summit? The answer is the challenge of the human spirit.

This quote coming from one of the movies(Gattaca) that touched me," There is no gene for the human spirit." While all of us are not born equal in terms of physique and intellect, what we can manipulate, is our spirit.

For the past one month, I realise that I have strayed and lost track of my drive and ambition. I need to prioritizes once more.

I think I am too emotional and insecure. My mind plays too many games with myself. That is the first thing that I have to overcome.

4 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Blogger Zen|th said...

I like that quote too, because it's so true. Hopefully you can overcome the obstacle that's in front of you soon.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger potpourri said...

Hey dont worry man, you are made up of 46 Chromosomes, each and every strand selected from the finest of the specie. Rem? Haha.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger TriplePeriod said...

zenith, apple: Thanks. =D

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Amy said...

hi there, i'm just a random person dropping by.

acknowledging the enemy's half the battle ~ all the best in overcoming all your obstacles =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home